Hi Friends and Happy Tuesday! Today, Taylored Expressions is releasing not One but TWO Card Kits! The Happy Hex Card Kit and The Kid’s Valentine Card Kit.
The Happy Hex Card Kit is all about hexagons and the mini slim card size. The set comes with everything you need to create one of a kind and customizable note card sets. I used the entire rainbow color spectrum to create a note card set for my daughter that includes a monogrammed card, three thank you cards and two happy greeting cards.
The Happy Hex Card Kit retails for $48 and contains the following:
- Happy Hex Mini Slim Background stamp
- Happy Hex die collection
- Clearly Crafty Happy Hex Add-ons stamp set
- Clearly Crafty Typewriter Alpha stamp set
- Happy Hex Mini Slim stencil
- 6 Sugar Cube Top Fold Mini Slim Card Bases
- 6 Custom Envelope Seals
- 6 Colored Mini Slim Envelopes
- 1 Mini Slim Clear Card Box
- Packaged in a zippered pouch with a custom kit label
The Kid’s Valentine Kit has everything your kiddo needs to create fun and easy Valentines to share with their friends. A group of young artists have joined the Creative Team and I have the pleasure of welcoming my favorite guest designer…my daughter to the blog today.
The Kid’s Valentine Card Kit retails for $28 and contains the following Valentine Card Making Goodies:
- 25 Pre-cut Tuck & Fold Notecards – 5 each of Watermelon, Lemon Meringue, Candy Corn, Peapod, Cookie Monster
- 25 Pre-printed Coloring Cards (sized to fit on the inside or outside of the notecard)
- 1 3/4″ Acrylic Block
- Mini Watermelon ink cube
- 25 vinyl stickers that coordinate with the Coloring Cards – use these to seal your Valentines or give them as a Valentine gift!
- Small clear stamp set that includes a ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’ sentiments, ‘to:’ and ‘from:’ words, and several small hearts
- Everything is packaged in our Tag Along Tote
A Valentine Card Kit Add-on that includes the Coloring Cards, Pre-cut Tuck & Fold Notecards, and stickers (25 each) is also available to purchase.
Card Kit Projects
How about some card making ideas and inspiration with both of these kits?! Let’s get started with the Happy Hexagon Monogram Card Kit but be sure to scroll all the way down so you can see all the fun my daughter had with the Kids Valentine’s Card Kit. Enjoy!
The Happy Hex Monogram Card Kit
I don’t know about you but I am really into the Mini Slim Card Size…it’s easy and fun to create card designs and it’s just the right size for quick notes. When I saw the Hexagon Stickers in the kit, I knew I wanted to create a rainbow-themed card set for my daughter that contains a Monogrammed Card, Three Thank You Cards and Two Greeting Cards perfect for her friends.
Using the Happy Hex Mini Slim Background, I stamped 6 of the Sugar Cube Top Fold Slim Card Bases in Lollipop, Pineapple, Peapod, Blueberry, Jelly Donut and Oreo Inks. Then I used the Happy Hex Mini Slim stencil to add lighter hues of matching color into the centers of the stamped Hexagon Background design. In matching card stock colors, I used the Happy Hex die collection to die cut several large and small hexagon shapes in all different colors of the rainbow that I later added to the card design. Here are the color combinations that I used for each card:
- Pink: Lollipop Ink and Cardstock with Strawberry Milkshake
- Yellow: Potato Chip with Lemon Meringue Ink and Cardstock
- Green: Peapod with Granny Apple Ink and Cardstock
- Blue: Blueberry and Gumball Ink and Cookie Monster Cardstock
- Purple: Jelly Donut Ink and Cardstock and Lavender Glaze Ink
- Multi-Color: Oreo Ink with Lollipop, Strawberry Milkshake, Candy Corn, Lemon Meringue, Granny Smith, Cookie Monster and Plum Punch Cardstock
I stamped the sentiments from the Clearly Crafty Hex Add On Stamp with VersaMark Ink to each of the large Hexagon die cuts and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. For the Monogram Multi-Color note card, I stamped and heat embossed the A from the Clearly Crafty Typewriter Alpha stamp set to a large Lollipop Hexagon die cut. For extra dimension, I adhered each of the coordinating Hexagon Sentiment Shapes using a thin 3D Foam Adhesive Square.
For extra pop, using the Clearly Crafty Happy Hex Add-ons stamp set and Sugar Cube Ink I stamped pattern details to the smaller hexagon die cuts. Then I added the stamped hexagon die cuts to the hexagon card panel using liquid adhesive.
This was a really fun project and can’t wait to make more note card sets for friends and family. A notecard set dedicated to a friend’s favorite color would also be fun to create or an entire set of thank you cards. Really, the possibilities with this kit are endless!
Happy Hex Card Kit Project Supplies:
The Kid’s Valentine Card Kit
To help with the mass production of the Valentine Cards, we went all in on the assembly line approach. We set up the Misti with all three stamps so she could insert the notecards and then stamp all images at once. This was a huge time saver and gave her more time to spend coloring.
The kiddo had such a fun time with Kid’s Valentine Card Kit that she even wrote her own content for this blog post. In her own words, I hope you enjoy 🙂
“Hi everyone! When my mom told me that Taylored Expressions was coming out with a valentines kit for kids I got so excited! The first thing I did was stamping the happy valentines stamp and also the “to and from” stamp onto the base. For the green and red I used the sugar cube ink pad and for the rest I did the Oreo ink pad. After I stamped down the 3 stamps, I went straight to coloring the valentines. I tried to match the coloring with the sticker so they could look like each other. After I colored the valentines, I glued them onto the base. My mom and I got some peppermints and stuffed them inside the valentines. We topped it off with a sticker to close all of them off.”
Kids Valentine Kit Supply List:
Thank you for stopping the Pops of Paper Blog. The Pops of Paper Kiddo and I hope you enjoyed all of the projects today. We can’t wait to see what you create with the new Taylored Expressions Card Kits. Have a wonderful week ahead!
Big Paper Hugs!
Emily & The Pops of Paper Kiddo