Hi Friends and Welcome to the Pops of Paper Blog! The EH Ambassadors are hopping along sharing inspiration from the Catherine Pooler New Release. This release is so much fun and I have to say it took me back to my rainbow-loving, puffy sticker collecting, roller-skating days!
You can find all the hop giveaway details and all the links for the entire hop at the end of this post.
Today, I thought it would be fun to stretch a 6×6 pattern paper. I’m a pattern paper hoarder so getting the most out of one sheet is a huge deal for me and Catherine Pooler has some amazing rainbow designs in the Totally Rad Paper Pack that I know I will be using again and again. My favorite out of the collection was the bright and chunky rainbow stripe paper.
I was able to use the one sheet of rainbow stripe paper three different ways (four times) on two cards.
- Rectangle Rainbow borders around the sentiments on both cards using the awesome EBE Essentials Rectangles.
- A thin side-panel background on the Happy Birthday Card.
- The rainbow stripe background on the Let the Good Times Roll! card.
And…I still have a few rectangle pieces of the ONE 6×6 pattern paper left! Paper Hoarders…this is a proud victorious moment–LOL!
one of my favorite things to do when I receive a stamp set, is to find all the “littles” and create my own background pattern. The rainbow, stars and heart images are perfect together! For a little from the top I used the following Copic Colors to create my colorful rainbows: RV17, Y08, YR17, BG01, BG05, BG13, B00, B0000, C0, C1.
To create stamped pattern backgrounds, I find this method to work best for me:
- From the top of the card panel I stamp the largest image first across the card panel in a triangular pattern.
- Then the medium images are added using the same triangular approach.
- Then I fill in the small gaps with the smallest image that I can find.
- For the little extra spaces, I will add sequins, drops or other extra bling to even the design out. In this case, I used the rad pink and black zebra print sequins from Paisley Park. I mean come on…pink and black zebra square sequins…how TOTALLY RAD!!
Let the Good Times Roll!
I am so happy with how this card turned out…it’s already pinned to my inspiration board to remind me that sometimes you gotta lace up your rainbow roller skates roll with it!
To create my card, I used my paper trimmer to create the individual rainbow stripes. I adhered them to my card about ¼ inches apart to let in a little white space. Then I colored the Roller Skates with Copic Markers and added the little blue circle sequins to the center of the wheels. I adhered the rainbow border sentiment and skates with thin foam adhesive squares. For a little extra pop, I added rainbow colored sequins from the Paisley Park Sequin Mix.
So there we are friends, two cards using only one piece of 6×6 pattern paper. I hope you enjoyed my cards today and it inspires you to stretch your supplies in fun new ways!
Big Paper Hugs!
- Catherine Pooler Let the Good Times Roll Stamp Set
- Catherine Pooler Let the Good Time Roll Coordinating Dies
- Catherine Pooler Totally Rad 6×6 Pattern Paper Pack
- Catherine Pooler Paisley Park Sequin Mix
- Essentials by Ellen Essentials Rectangle Dies
BLOG HOP INFO
One random & lucky commenter will win $25 to the EH shop! To enter for a chance to win, make sure to leave comments at each stop along the hop! Comment before Sunday, March 29th at 11:59pm PDT. Winner will be notified by email.
The Blog Hop:
Emily Mydlowski (You are Here)