Hi Friends, hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Ellen Hutson recently posted this fun Birthday Card on their Instagram feed and a request was made for additional how-to details. Below are a few of the steps I took to create this No Stamp card. As this card requires no stamping; just die cutting it came together rather quickly.
- The Big Pink Balloon
- I used the giant balloon from the EBE YAY! by Julie Ebersole Design Die. I die cut the balloon from an A4 Card Base, leaving enough space for the balloon to take up half of the card panel.
- Then I used my Trinity Stamps Blending Brush to add Picked Raspberry & Spun Sugar Distress Oxide inks to the Balloon. I made sure to leave a little patch of light/to white in the center of the balloon to add a bit of shading and dimension.
- The Happy Birthday Glitter Sentiment
- I used the big, bold and beautiful Happy Birthday Script. I ran the die twice; once on silver glitter paper and once on white card stock and then I adhered them together for a chip-board affect (giving just a little more dimension off the card). Then I added the Happy Birthday to the Pink Balloon using Nuvo Deluxe Liquid Adhesive.
- The Card Assembly “Pulling all the Pieces Together“
- I cut a piece of the Star Pattern Paper from Modern Graphics Volume Two Patterned Paper Pack to a card panel size and attached the pink Happy Birthday Balloon.
- I knew I wanted a little edge of the black card base to show through so I trimmed the right edge of the balloon a tidge and then adhered the decorated card panel to the Ebony Card Base.
- The Finishing Touch
- To add some glam to the card, I used liquid adhesive to adhere tiny transparent star embellishments to the bottom of the balloon (The stars I used are from my Trinity Stamps embellishment stash). This reminded me of those clear, glitter and confetti stuffed balloons that you could get at a carnival or fair…on really special occasions 🙂
So there we are friends, a no stamping card with big impact using a few of my favorite Essentials by Ellen Designer Dies. I hope you enjoyed my card today and it inspires you to use your cardmaking supplies in fun new ways!
Big Paper Hugs!
Affiliate links provided at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!