Hi Friends and Happy Mid-Week! I started to write my IG post for Miss Ink Stamps this week and realized I had a lot more to say about this card so I thought I would share more details here on my blog.
The Bubbles stamp set from Miss Ink Stamps is super cute with several different critters dancing and playing with bubbles.
Mirror Image Stamping
When I first saw the raccoon, I thought it would be fun to see two raccoons blowing bubbles together. This required me to do some mirror image stamping that I’ve found to be a little challenging to get right. BUT…I have found THE best solution for mirror imaging if you are going to die cut/fussy cut your images. I use my Waffle Flower Media Mat! All you need to do is stamp your image on the Waffle Flower Media Mat, press your card stock over the stamped image, remove and you have a crisp mirrored image impression!! So cool!!
Stamping & Coloring
After stamping the raccoon images, I watercolored the critters with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers (Gray-09, Gray Brown-094, Cool Gray-099, Light Gray-091, Black-010) and fussy cut.
Creating the Shaker
- I die cut a heart to create the shaker opening and added a piece of acetate to the back of the die cut.
- Then I did some ink blending with Distress Oxide Inks (Mermaid Lagoon & Broken China), blending brushes and water spritz to create the blue bubble background behind the heart shaker.
- I created a shaker wall around the heart, added my bubbles and little star embellishments and then added foam adhesive to the card panel and adhered the blue bubble panel to the heart shaker.
- Then I stopped and played with the shaker for a few minutes 🙂
Finishing the Card
- I added the two raccoons to the bottom of the heart. Then I used StazOn Pigment Snowflake ink to add a few bubble image directly to the acetate.
- Then I added the “Blowing Hugs and Kisses your way” sentiment below the heart and raccoons with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.
- The entire shaker card panel was added to aquamarine card stock.
I hope you enjoyed my shaker card today and it inspires you to get your Shake On! Have a wonderful week and hope to see you soon!
Big Paper Hugs!
A few of the supplies that I used today. Affiliate links provided at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!!